Our years together keep getting better and better, so I thought this would be a good time to recap our summer to encapsulate it somewhere in writing. In no particular order:
- We had our first and only bonfire Memorial Day weekend at the Torres' house, complete with sparklers.
- We went camping with the Millers and Daytona in Lake Geneva. It was a cold weekend and the sun never came out, but nothing can ever spoil beers around a campfire and sleeping outside. Daytona was a good little camper.
- My sisters made my birthday special by spending the day with me to go to Bradford Beach and out for drinks at night. While the water may not be suitable for swimming, the beach sure has come a long way with lots of entertainment.
- Ten years of us each living on the East side and we hardly ever spent any time at the lakefront. We made it a regular workout habit this summer with Chris attending the downtown YMCA's beach camp program while I would walk and climb/run the stairs. I wouldn't last 30 seconds in his beach camp, they are really pushed to the core each week and Chris loves it!
- We also tried to use our memberships to Hoyt Pool as much as we could. The weather didn't cooperate as much as I would have liked it to, but we did manage to get there for some lap swimming, sun-tanning and fun with Tara, Anna, Liam and Lily.
- We participated in the Laura's Smile run for ovarian cancer at Milwaukee's Lakefront and were part of a team for a friend of Sue's.
- The very next day we did the Lakefront Ride For the Arts bike ride for 25 miles across the Hoan bridge. The day of the walk was perfect, the day of the bike ride was freezing. Riding across the Hoan bridge was the coolest though. If I remember right, it took me, Steph and Mike 2 hours 10 minutes to finish the ride. Chris and Missy were a bit faster.
- I got together with my blogger girlfriends a few times, including a bbq and dinner at a few local restaurants. Karis and I also went to Feasting for Fido. This is a Milwaukee festival I would highly recommend, the $50 pricetag is worth it. Lots of food from some of Milwaukee's best restaurants and proceeds go to the WI Humane Society.
- We got up to Cedarburg for one of the Cedarburg Sounds concert in the park that are held every Friday night. In typical fashion, my Mother in law and her friends had an amazing spread of food where someone actually commented that it looked like it was catered.
- Summerfest is always on the agenda and I went to the Boyz II Men, 98 Degrees and New Kids On The Block concert with Steph, Tara and Anna. I also dragged Chris to the Pitbull concert......
- We planned a girls weekend with my high school girlfriends just outside of the Dells for a day of fun in the sun, drinks and laughter.
Finally, we can't forget our vacation in July, definitely the best thing we did this summer. I'll always enjoy reading our recap series of it for years to come.
A great summer, indeed!